|Job Ref:||204757966||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Commensurate with experience||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
Maintenance Manager - Paint Operations|
Based in Oxfordshire
Job ref: KS/36338
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Main purpose of job:
To provide maintenance and technical support to Paint Operations in order to achieve departmental goals and business plan targets
Scope of job:
• Reporting to: Paint Line Operations Manager PP1 AGM PP2
• Responsible for: Senior Maintenance Engineer, Technician Team Leaders, Maintenance Technicians
• Manage maintenance duties and responsibilities
• Developing maintenance techniques and methods
• Reduce waste within maintenance processes
• Assign costs and labour to maintenance tasks and manage to targeted levels
• Develop equipment to reduce maintenance requirements
• Develop maintenance programme through a PM system
• Manage priorities and resources
• Improve Plant uptime and availability through KPIs and action plans
• Manage spend within budget for department
• Provide engineering and technical services to improve performance of plant
• Manage maintenance and engineering team, training, development versus potential, time and attendance, discipline, team ethics.
• Assist in training and coaching other members of the technical team
• Manage health and safety aspects for Technical department
• Ensure compliance with TS 16949
• Ensure compliance with environmental 18001
• Responsible for installation projects for new technology and equipment into the plant by involving internal technical resource and contractors and suppliers
• Continuous improvement projects to improve departmental performance on safety, uptime, availability, maintenance, equipment modifications, plant, error proofing, technical systems and processes and cost down opportunities
• To encourage continuous improvements throughout the teams and champion where necessary.
• To support the department manager in the day to day running of the paint line
• To attend daily production meetings and report any issues that arise within your department.
• Provide engineering and technical services to improve the performance of the plant
• Ensure compliance to TS 16949, ISO 14001 and other quality measures
• To ensure all safe working practices are adhered to.
• To project a professional image of the company to customers/visitors
• To use the escalation procedure for any issues/concerns eg. Quality/downtime
• To ensure all contractors are signed in with the correct work permits.
• To report to the paint shop manager and support any down time issues related to the paint line, in a timely manner.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
• Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
• Comply with and manage the General Risk Assessments for area
• Comply with and manage the Manual Handling Risk Assessments for area
• Comply with and manage COSHH Risk Assessments
• Comply with and manage the Lock Out Tag Out Procedure (where applicable)
• Comply with and manage the Safe System of Work documents
• Take appropriate actions in emergency situations
Skills & Experience:
• Electrical / Mechanical engineering
• PLC software applications
• Preventative maintenance and systems
• Managing People and processes and budgets
• CDM policies and practises.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2016 and 2017: FachPack, K 2016, Arabplast, Plastteknik, Interpack, fip Solutions, PDM, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest -
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers