|Job Ref:||204757603||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
Blu Coal are delighted to offer an opportunity for a Design Engineer or Senior Design Engineer, experienced in new distribution network connections, to join an exciting team in an established ICP High Voltage business that is growing at a fast pace. The Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and planning associated with contestable connections for 11/33kV Installations and possess. There is a room for progression within this company to Senior Design Engineer/Manager. |
Duties to include:
• Designing and planning commercial developments including high voltage networks.
• Responsible for providing electrical distribution engineering technical input to allocated design projects up to 33kV for both ICP and Network Operator design purposes.
• Liaising with DNO's obtaining Point of Connection and design approval for DNO and ICP schemes.
• Undertake designs, plans, estimations and quotations for both low voltage and high voltage ICP connections.
• Producing tender documentation.
• Provide advice on material selection, cable laying and jointing methodology adhering to UK electrical legislation and statutory responsibilities.
Skills & Qualifications
• Design of 11kV/33kV new connections is essential, higher voltages would be advantageous but not essential.
• Understanding of the distribution industry and associated standards/regulations.
• Previous DNO / ICP experience will be highly regarded but not essential.
• You will be degree educated in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with design experience in Electrical power system and/or plant design, Electrical power system protection or Electrical protection design and analysis software.
• A strong knowledge of client's technical needs and requirements is a must. Experience of Transformers, Switchboards, Switchgear and Power cables is desirable and technical leadership and experience of preparation of proposals is key.
If you are interested in applying for this position that boasts a competitive salary plus benefits, please call Amy Sankey (Apply online only)