|Job Ref:||204756731||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum + benefits (inc. shift premium)||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:16|
Mechanical Technician - Electronics|
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire, UK
Salary: £22-25,000 + great benefits
Bourns is a leading global supplier of reliable high quality electronic components and solutions, which have been designed into virtually every type of electronic system including automotive, telecommunications, computers and industrial applications. Bourns offer exciting and challenging careers for growth-oriented professionals.
Based in Bedford Bourns has established a reputation as a leading manufacturer of Circuit Protection Semiconductors. The Company is a key division of the Bourns Electronics Group, which is a significant player in the global market for Electronic Components and Integrated Solutions.
They are looking for an individual who is a proactive Mechanical Technician with some mechanical experience who is looking to develop their skills and demonstrate their capabilities within a reactive and initiative-driven role. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver a planned and responsive support service to ensure continuity of site services to contribute to the continued and future success of the business.
As a multi-skilled Mechanical Technician you will be part of a team based in Bedford, providing 24/7 cover 365 days/year, reporting to the Equipment Engineering & Facilities Manager.
In this role, you will provide a proactive and efficient Facilities service to the business both in a mechanical and electrical capacity, with a strong focus on responsibility for all facility supplies and services, including the crucial feed in to our Wafer Fabrication manufacturing area.
As part of a team to support the manufacturing area with continuous supply of key services on demand from the central plant room/services areas, this role will provide a range of support across the site.
• To supervise & control the de-ionised water plant
• To complete Mechanical breakdowns
• To carry out preventative maintenance
• To undertake project works
• To assist in the company's continuous improvement program
• To participate in team activities for problem solving
• Time-served, apprenticeship, or NVQ qualified Mechanical Engineering experience
• Flexible approach to work and multi-tasking as required.
• Good communication skills and IT literate.
• Ability to liaise with and sometimes negotiate with external suppliers.
• IT literate
• Clean driving licence
• Willing to work 6 week rotating shift pattern; 42 hours/week as part of a team covering 24/7, 365 days/year.
• Ability to work either independently, or as part of a team
To apply for this fantastic opportunity please e-mail your CV, or telephone our office if you require any further information