|Job Ref:||204756654||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£23000 - £26500/annum £25.5k+Pension+25 Days Holiday||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:16|
£23,000 to £26,500 Depending on Experience + 25 Days Holidays+Pension
To carry out service and repairs to equipment in the Workshop in a safe, professional and cost effective manner, maintaining documentation of all works carried out in line with Health and Safety and Quality procedures.
The role will involve working to a planned schedule of service and maintenance jobs at our Basingstoke Workshop.
- To complete inspections and safety checks in accordance with industry
practice and regulations.
- To complete day to day service, repair and maintenance of forklift
trucks, handling equipment and plant.
- Complete fault finding and repairs to meet first-fix targets.
- New equipment preparation.
- Sourcing of parts from internal or external supplier.
- Communicate quickly/efficiently to ensure downtime is kept to a
minimum and achieve first-fix targets.
- Work to company procedures and current Health and Safety / COSHH
- Carry out other duties which may or may not be related to the job, as
reasonably requested by management.
- To be considered for the role you will need to have knowledge of at
least one of the following areas, and be able, willing and accepting of
additional training. Mechanical engineering - Electrical engineering -
- You will have the ability to work independently and in a team, hold
good communication skills, work to a high standard and be able to work
to timescales as required.
Person Specification -Essential Skills:
- Must hold full UK Driving Licence.
- Proficient in fault finding and repair.
- Experience of Health & Safety requirements working in a workshop
- Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
- Excellent organisational skills, resourceful and solution driven.
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Clear communication skills - oral and written.
- Flexibility to cope with diverse needs of the post.
- Highly motivated and possessing a resilience to work under pressure.
- Positive, personable and optimistic with a can do attitude.
- Recent and relevant experience of working in the forklift truck service
environment, but not essential.
- Engineering qualification