|Job Ref:||204753847||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£23000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:16|
RHL, a specialist in Design, Engineering & Manufacture talent acquisition, is currently recruiting for;|
Title: Product Designers (Junior to Mid levels)
Salary Guide To £35,000 + Benefits package
Contact: Paul Surridge
Reference No: 226724
Summary of Position We are looking for Product Designers and the level of appointment could range from a Junior level individual (Graduate + experience) up to a Mid level. You will be involved in creating a new generation of innovative products across their domestic home appliances category. They thrive on designing great products that delight customers and appreciate that it takes talented individuals to make this happen. Working as part of the London Product Innovation team, you will bring technical substance and inspiration to their creative efforts to ensure that imaginative but credible solutions are brought to market.
* Originate novel concepts and technologies for the next generation of products.
* Define elegant but robust solutions to satisfy the products functional requirements.
* Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3D models and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions.
* Experience of Creo CAD would be ideal.
* Inject energy, enthusiasm and creativity into everything you touch.
* Be able to vigorously defend the best ideas but be open and receptive to input from a broad creative team.
* Apply sound engineering principles to technical problems.
* Apply a comprehensive understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and materials to optimize designs.
* Confidence in liaising with external providers of technology solution to reduce our time to market.
* Develop and execute verification and validation test plans.
* Understand the importance of clear product definition during the design process but be able to appreciate the spark of inspiration.
* Be naturally curious and relentlessly driven to find better solutions to everyday problems.
* Demonstrate integrity and courage in the way you work.
* Stay abreast of the latest relevant technologies and products and be able to anticipate what is emerging in the market.
* Continually evaluate and improve designs for cost effectiveness, manufacturing improvements, increased quality and value.
* Identify new ideas, products and/or features that improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs and keep our product line at the forefront of their industry.
Attributes and Skills:
Ability to define a product need
* Develop a solution for that need
* Able to work and manage the whole product life cycle - concept to manufacture.
* Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers.
* Promote personal and group interaction with their products, teams, and customers to gain a real understanding of needs.
* Work seamlessly with their overseas based Product Development teams to ensure that great ideas make it through to production.
* A natural and effective communicator, capable of reducing abstract concepts to reality.
* Able to quickly generate visual and physical definitions of new products that convey key attributes of function and layout
* Self-motivated and obsessed with details
* A good understanding of basic physical principles
* Creativity and technical knowledge are crucial in this position.
Education and Experience:
* The ideal candidate will have a degree-level technical qualification, probably Mechanical, Product or Industrial Design Engineering, with significant design content. (Desirable, not essential).
* Experience in a mechanical/product design environment
* Experience in the consumer goods household appliance space strongly preferred.
* Great communication skills
* Proven structured approach to creative problem solving
* Positive attitude to continuous personal development
* Self-starter, driven & energetic
All applicants will be expected to have a portfolio of work, including sketch/work books demonstrating creative, problem-solving ability.
Please apply to Paul Surridge, Operations Director, (Apply online only)
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) acts as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency