|Job Ref:||VAN00014||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Vancouver||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 05:01|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
The Water and Waste Water business group is seeking a high performing individual to be part of the North American Water Business. This position can be located in either Edmonton or Clagary. This role involves working collaboratively with our global Water Practice to expand our market position in Western Canada as well as lead and develop our technical resources and capabilities.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in project execution and marketing with the following desired experience profile:
Business Development & Client Service Skills:
• Manage GHD's client contact plan for key project positioning efforts;
• Manage project capture plans, coordination of proposal preparation and activities;
• Participation at client functions, social events and conferences in networking with existing and emerging client contacts;
• Lead all critical western Canada Water business development initiatives
Water Practice - Technical Skills:
• Promote corporate participation at technical conferences and provide senior guidance and review for key technical conference papers generation;
• Participation in monthly Water Group meetings / conference calls and responsibility for proper integration of technical practices with business development process;
• Lead the group's Quality Assurance and Quality Control program for Western Canada's water design projects;
• Mentorship of project engineers and designers in the development of their engineering and design skills;
• Apply proven experience on municipal infrastructure projects to complete preliminary and detailed design of storm and sanitary sewer collection systems, water supply, distribution and storage systems, pumping stations, potable water and wastewater treatment facilities;
• Provide guidance and QA/QC on all engineering design, calculations, design briefs and technical reports for municipal infrastructure, masterplans, environmental assessments, and detailed design projects.
Project Management responsibilities include:
• Client relationship management for all active projects;
• Serve as a Senior Project Manager for our more complex and larger multi-disciplined water projects in Western Canada;
• Provide senior leadership and expertise support on water and wastewater project opportunities across North America;
• Project Controls Management including Scope, Time, Financial, Change, Risk, QA/QC;
• Workload forecasting for staff resources and estimate-to-complete for all active projects on a monthly basis;
• Attend scheduled Project Management meetings to discuss project resource needs and conflicts, unbilled and aging accounts receivables, and proposal activity;
• Mentorship of project managers and project engineers in the development of their project management skills as they proceed through the Project Management Career Path.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Completion of University Engineering Degree as a minimum
• Professional Engineer (NA) designation.
• Member of the APEGGA
• Minimum 8 to 15 years' experience in Project Management, design and construction of water infrastructure projects.
• Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent people leadership & mentoring skills.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.