|Job Ref:||VAN00012||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Vancouver||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 05:01|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our office in Vancouver, British Columbia is looking for an Intermediate Civil/Water Resources Engineer/Scientist to support local projects and join the North American Water Resources and Stormwater Management group. If you have a desire to work on water resources and multi-disciplinary design projects, this role is for you!
Our water resources and stormwater management engineering group works with a variety of public and private clients on a wide range of projects such as drainage studies, flow monitoring, municipal/stormwater management design for quantity and quality control, watercourse rehabilitation and naturalization, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and much more.
The ideal candidate will have:
Proven Field Experience
• Design, Manage and Execute field monitoring programs such as streamflow monitoring, surface water sampling, stormwater management pond inspections, erosion and sediment control inspection, drainage infrastructure investigation, etc.
• Coordinating and managing subcontractors during pre-engineering and design projects
• Experience in site inspection and contract and construction administration.
Proven Design Experience
• Familiarity with local and provincial regulations and guidance
• Coordination and design of assigned water resources projects including design of storm water management facilities from review of preliminary concepts through detailed design and construction
• Preparation of stormwater management reports, including proposed designs, erosion and sediment control designs, and supporting landscape designs
• Coordinating with other design disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, water/wastewater process, structural, geotechnical and linear infrastructure) on multi-disciplinary design projects such as site development, environmental remediation, landfill development, and/or environmental restoration.
• Experience in completing site level hydrology and hydraulic studies and use of common stormwater modelling design tools such as SWMM, HEC-RAS, etc.
Proven Communication Skills
• Ability to interact, deliver presentations and advocate on behalf of the client with applicable regulatory agencies and clients.
Proven Project Management Skills
• Preparing proposals and project cost estimates to support multi-disciplinary design projects or to lead stormwater focused projects.
• Keeping Project Manager informed of project status and endeavours to coordinate necessary staffing resources to meet project deadlines
• Participating in the monitoring of project schedules; communicate pertinent project information to Project Manager and other senior staff
• Upkeep of project design records and files
• Performing other design and coordination related duties and tasks as assigned or required
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary civil/water resources engineering or other suitable education
• 5-10 years' experience in civil/water resources engineering;
• Strong analytical and visual spatial skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills with experience in the writing of engineering reports
• Ability to manage time effectively and work simultaneously on multiple projects
• Have a positive attitude towards the firm and co-workers
• Comfort and proven ability to work individually and with others in a team environment
• Valid Driver's License with the ability to drive own, company or rental vehicles
• Ability to do physically demanding field inspections and monitoring under adverse weather conditions (i.e. winter monitoring, able to lift up to 25kg)
This is the perfect opportunity to advance your Engineering career! GHD is a large, well established organization with a culture that promotes teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.