|Job Ref:||31704||Employer:||WSP Group||Country:||United States||City:||New York||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 05:12|
Electrical Department Coordinator |
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Electrical Department Coordinator/ Document Specialist for our New York headquarters. We work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
You will work closely with the Department Head, and be responsible for monitoring submissions and deadlines; assist with assuring design drawings are complete; updating specifications and details; organizing department standards; assist with staffing needs; work with engineers on uploading design drawings to various websites; and other departmental needs. S/he will also work with various members of the electrical department in the NY office to assure our standards are followed and a high quality of service is delivered. This position requires advanced capabilities in all MS Office software.
• Creation of standard office documents - technical memos, etc.
• Use of Excel and Word.
• Knowledge of AutoCad is preferred.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Working with templates, macros, and styles.
• Ability to develop schedules.
• 1-2 years' experience. Experience in a Professional Services firm is a plus.
• 2 year college degree preferred.
• Work experience in engineering/construction field is a plus.
• Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, especially InDesign, and ability to integrate of graphics and text.
• Ability to perform well under time constraints.
About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation