|Job Ref:||SEA16-5900||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Washington||City:||Bothell||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
Summary: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle Human Resources function at the Moses Lake, North Creek, and Orlando facilities including the development, implementation and administration of all policies, procedures, and the HR department budget.|
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads an employee-focused HR organization/function which supports all team members by enabling excellent performance assessments, education programs, problem/conflict resolution, skill/career development and a safe, fair, ethical work environment.
• Responsible for all employee relations, including, but not limited to, employee communications, internal investigations, complaint resolution, employee discipline and terminations.
• Serves as GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle primary representative with governmental agencies, customers and GD-OTS regarding all Human Resources issues and initiatives.
• Works with all supervisors to plan and maintain appropriate staffing. Teams with hiring managers to develop, recruit and fill all open positions. Maintains appropriate applicant and personnel records in accordance with OFCCP/EEO guidelines.
• Responsible for the preparation and administration of Affirmative Action Plans for GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle.
• Prepares and manages HR departmental operating budgets as approved by GM.
• Conducts annual salary surveys for review and approval by GM.
• Coordinates annual employee evaluation and salary planning, ensuring that all PRIDE (performance) reviews are completed in an accurate and timely fashion and that employee assessments are consistent and accurate. Works with supervisors to implement effective employee corrective action arising from the evaluation process.
• Responsible for the assessment of all local training needs, as well as developing and providing training presentations as appropriate.
• Responsible for managing the administration of:
o HR Database (PeopleSoft)
o New-Hire Orientation
o All current and former employee personnel records
• Leads and/or mentors various employee events, employee committees (EAC, R&R, EHS, etc.) and HR initiatives (training, health and wellness, benefits, etc.).
• Special Projects as assigned by the GM or PS leadership.
Job Dimensions (Budget, Staff, Work Environment, etc.): Interfaces with all other disciplines within the GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle organization and external customers. Works extended hours and travels as required by the operation to meet company and customer commitments.
Supervisory Responsibility: Management of Human Resources Staff; management of EHS Staff as related to L and I and other employee/former employee-related interface with government agencies; and, lead by example as part of the GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle Senior Leadership Team.
• Demonstrated, strong leadership, HR policy, and employee relations skills.
• Flexibility - Must be able to travel and work outside normal business hours as required to accomplish assignments and support the organization's objectives. Must possess the demonstrated ability to work with and understand both technical engineering and production personnel in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret common business and policy documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies and company/corporate parties outside GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle. Ability to write, non-technical presentations for GD-internal presentations that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and other groups as required.
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply statistics and analyze data required to accomplish HR and management function. Ability to perform basic financial cost analysis, percentages and rate calculations.
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret data, policies, and instructions related to management of employee staffing, recruitment, retention, promotion/pay, benefit and conflict resolution.
• Computer Skills - Ability to use a computer as required by job function including standard software such as MS Project and other software as required by GD, GD-OTS and the location to create, analyze and share data.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS/ILR) and SHRM PHR certification required. Master's Degree and SHRM SPHR certification preferred. Annual, formal education to enable location HR capability and remain current with state and national regulatory conformance is an expectation of this position.
A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory/managerial experience and a minimum of five (5) years of location and/or HR specialty responsibility within Human Resources field. Experience at manufacturing and/or engineering companies is preferred.