|Job Ref:||IRQ-LE-16-19196||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||City:||Iraq||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
Utility Repair Technician|
• Function as a member of the GDLS Iraq Abrams Maintenance Team supporting the Site Utilities and electrical generation maintenance needs. reporting to the designated Manager or Supervisor.
• Provide Operator, Organizational and Direct Support level repair and maintenance support of large generators, site utilities, pumps, steam cleaners and other small gas/Diesel and electrical equipment.
• Provide logistics support and parts request in support of assigned equipment
• Provide Property Book interties and updates to maintain control and accountability of assigned site equipment.
• Provide input as needed for budget reports, parts and, Turn-in of unserviceable parts/equipment as required.
• Responsible for maintaining and accounting for all equipment and related assets assigned.
• Maintain daily records, provide reports and support daily operations as necessary.
• Provide coordination and support for repair parts, supply and service activities relating to life cycle support for all assigned equipment, building and assigned team assets.
• Perform all duties in accordance with ISO 9000-9008 procedures.
• Support team managers and supervisors in identifying team related problems or short comings in technical areas as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Leadership responsible for the contract performance.
• Provide support to ensure the team meets customer expiations
• Must be willing to work effectively in a team-oriented structure to include field operations, office and shop environments both on and off of military installations, Forward Operating Bases (FOB) and base camps.
• Extensive working knowledge of large generator operation and maintenance required
• Must have a minimum of 4 years electrical generation and related repair experience.
• Experience with facility maintenance and repair actions such as heating, cooling and plumbing is preferred.
• Must be able to physically qualify for overseas deployment in accordance with US Army and General Dynamics standards and policy.
• Must be willing and able to travel, live and operate outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
• Must be able to qualify for and able to secure and maintain a US Passport for deployment.
• Must be able to qualify for and able to secure and maintain a visa for deployment at the foreign assignment locations.
• Must posses a valid driver's license and be capable of obtaining an international driver's license and qualify for security clearance if the position requires relocation overseas.
• Position may require heavy lifting and operation of fork lifts and delivery truck
• Must be prepared to work on varying shift time and capable of working hot field environments required.
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.