Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||TISC-INVE01124212||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||India||City:||Vadodara||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 22:02|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. |
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
1. Contributes to the pre-White Book governance review with the Commercial & Market & Pricing Team.
2. Functional duties to the Bid Team Manages the bid team: structures and organizes the Task Oriented Bid Team, runs kick off meeting to ensure the Bid Strategy is understood by all stakeholders.
3. Manages the bid schedule, budget and progress, regular reporting to management, oversees the production of cost benchmarks and manages cost optimization phases.
4. Ensures that adequate cross - function and cross - division interfaces are working, using efficiently the leverage of the Task Oriented Bid team structure.
5. Manages the team to a common agreed response to issues and, in case of disagreement, can escalate issues ultimately to the Bid Management/Division President(s).
6. Responsible for transferring all materials (including but not limited to the As Sold Blue Book and Project Handover Checklist).
7. Responsible for the preparation of a Blue Book, with optimal quality and in a timely manner. To achieve this, the Bid Manager
(a) Ensures that the different functions have completed preparation and submission of their input and are committed to the input and sign off.
(b) Challenges the input, assumptions and accuracy of all functions.
8. Submits As Bid and As Sold Blue Books for approval, attends all review meetings and sees to it that bid governance rules are respected. The Bid Manager ensures that all changes during the Negotiation phase are accurately documented to the Blue Book and communicated to the team until Best And Final Offer is provided to the customer.
9. Responsible for adequate communication with the other sub-teams and commercial/internal partners.
Qualification & Experience:
Any Graduate from Engineering, Financial, Legal or Business Administration background
• Typically 5-6 years of experience, minimum 2 years of cross-border team management
• Working experience in one or more of: Project Management, Bids, Bid Controlling, Project Engineering or Operations
• Experience in cross functional bids
• Able to deliver bids - all ISC Bids, both internally for the Regions and Third Party - to quality, time and cost
• Solid understanding and management of internal Bombardier Transportation governance procedures
• Good technical understanding of complex technical systems and products
• Good knowledge of financial processes in long term projects
Advanced Excel knowledge and MS Project required.