|Job Ref:||28800BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Bingham Farms||Address:||Post Date:||09/10/2016 01:01|
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity with potential for long term career advancement. Prepares candidate information reports related to leasing and land use viability. Prepares lease or other real estate agreements. Coordinates with or supervises outside vendor partners, environmental engineers, architectural & engineering firms, title search firms, engineers and drafting technicians to ensure transactions close within defined timeframes. Identify potential risk scenarios. Draft and proof recordable transaction documents, easements, warranty deeds, etc. for legal department review. Prepares zoning and permitting applications. Monitors progress of the application and facilitate jurisdictional requests for additional information as a result of the application review process. Ensures compliance to the quality and safety goals and objectives. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as primary Site Acquisition Specialist for particular site project including leasing and land use processing.
• For new-build projects, commonly responsible for site acquisition activities from initial search ring release through building permit issuance.
• For existing site modification projects, commonly responsible for site acquisition activities from leasing and zoning audit through building permit issuance.
• Provides candidate-specific recommendations for leasing and land use viability.
• Communicates activities with team members and other departments, as needed.
• Provides site sketches, as needed.
• Attends field site visits for candidate and engineering viability
• Reviews title reports for ownership, encumbrances, easements, etc, and provides recommendation for leasing viability.
• Interviews zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements for installation of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment as project scope defines.
• Completes zoning ordinance reviews.
• Reviews zoning drawings prior to submittal for compliance with public agencies and client requirements
• Prepares, submits and obtains land use entitlement applications which may include presentations before governmental or architectural review boards.
• Completes Lease & Zoning Audit Reviews for site modification projects.
• Coordinates with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure lease entitlements as project scope defines.
• Completes collocation applications required by Tower companies and associated documents.
• Coordinate with client and engineering department to obtain information necessary for entitlement applications (RF Affidavits, propagation maps, photo-simulations, etc…).
• Reviews and approves site specific documents.
• Reviews the quality and completeness of site specific documentation.
• Monitors and tracks progress on all open transactions.
• Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with clients
• Other duties or special projects, as assigned.
• Verifies and/or obtains Enhanced 911 addressing.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Education: Requires 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience. .
Preferred Job Qualifications
Experience: Prefer 3 years telecommunications industry experience. Prefer knowledge of tower industry. Paralegal certificate preferred Preferred Competencies:
• Ability to work independently as well as with others
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Real estate, sales, or legal negotiation experience
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
• Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and CAD drawings
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program and enhances the Divisions Quality Management System.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females