|Job Ref:||204762203||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North Kent||Address:||Salary:||£65000 - £70000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:26|
Our client is a long established and highly successful organisation in the Civil Engineering and Construction industry.|
They are now looking to recruit a Senior Estimator to join their growing team in Kent. With a strong engineering background for a customer facing role, you will be dealing directly with customer enquiries in order to ascertain their exact requirements and produce accurate tender bids.
The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating, securing orders and providing an effective handover of contracts, post award. Working as a valued member of the team, you will be involved in both the pre-construction and delivery phases.
Ideally we are looking for an individual with experience of working within a regional or national, civil engineering contracting business.
In this position the holder will -
• Deliver programmes and monitor forthcoming works
• Review tender estimates based on optional construction methods, outputs, programmes and resource availability
• Carefully read and comprehend the tender documents including terms, conditions, bonds, guarantees and warranties
• Prepare analytical tenders from bills of quantities, drawings and specifications for traditional, two stage and design and build projects for large tender offers for projects up to £10m
• Develop customer relationships and partnerships with our suppliers
• Proactively communicate potential challenges or risks and provide recommendations and possible solutions
• Attend handover meetings and maintain continuous support across projects to ensure liaising with our production team and contributing to the team environment
This is a key position within an expanding division of the company and as such will command a competitive salary and attractive benefits package