|Job Ref:||204762182||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Devon||Address:||Post Code:||EX13||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Salary neg on exp relocation benefit||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:51|
UX/UI Designer. |
Title: UX/UI Designer.
Location: Exeter. Relocation assistance is provided.
Term: Full time, Permanent.
Salary: £highly competitive, dependent on experience.
Start Date: ASAP, client will wait for the right person.
Outline The client is developing an extraordinary new technology that is redefining the limits of what the users can achieve & is helping the client figure out what works (and what doesn't) in their specialist field. The client's platform for uses custom built content & a powerful, data-driven web & mobile framework to deliver a unique set of software applications for the users.
Job description. This is an exciting opportunity for a UX/UI designer with passion and creativity to become an essential part of the client's team. At the core, the UI/UX role is responsible for understanding their product, business and technical requirements and goals and converting them into visually appealing, engaging, highly usable and user centered web and mobile interfaces for their platforms.
You'll work closely with the Digital Designer and key stake holders including both product and development teams to create and implement high quality graphics, UI elements and workflow designs that will be flexible to support display and interaction across multiple browsers, screen sizes, platforms and devices. You'll be charged with bringing the data presented within the applications to life. This is an exciting opportunity for experienced and motivated design gurus to pursue career opportunities in a fast-growing and dynamic organization.
* Executing UI / UX design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Collaborating on user experience planning with the developers.
* Reinforce consistent design patterns across platforms.
* Conduct consistent usability testing to validate designs.
* Research the latest UI / UX and interaction concepts, presentation layer technologies, digital best practices, online trends, etc., and provide recommendations.
* Create production ready UI / UX interfaces.
* Operate in an iterative and agile manner.
About you. The client is looking for someone to help bring their material to life, producing content that is engaging and enjoyable. You will be able to naturally work quickly & collaboratively: proactive, dynamic and enthusiastic with the ability to multi-task and focus on the detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture. You'll thrive under pressure and be used to fast paced environments where deadlines are tight. In addition, you can adapt in the face of changing priorities and a fluctuating workload.
You're a great team member who can work with the wider team. You will have the ability to focus on differing priorities, whilst always retaining attention to detail and accuracy. In terms of specifics, the list below gives an overview of some of the skills and experiences there looking for:
* A relevant bachelors degree.
* Solid portfolio demonstrating modern design savvy.
* Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies and the design process.
* Must have a good eye for aesthetics: layout, grid systems, colour theory and typography.
* Experience designing infographics and other data visualizations is a must.
* Experience of using design tools such as Illustrator, Adobe CS, Creative Cloud suites, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure.
* Excellent time-management, multi-tasking and communication skills.
* Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time, including adhoc projects as they come up, under timeline pressure.
* Able to integrate UX into Agile development practices.
* Quick learner and self-starter - willing to learn and apply new knowledge.
* Design experience in the education sector.
The Office: The client's generous benefits include substantial holiday leave & the chance to join their company pension. They have a range of on-site facilities for all employees to use free of charge including gym & multiple exercise facilities, games room, a pool table, a café that serves good local organic food. There is a good team spirit & as a whole get involved in a number of events & support local charities.
For more information re this exciting opportunity please call Laura Ramm on (Apply online only) or email your CV