|Job Ref:||204762131||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:51|
IT Support Engineer (SQL)|
Excellent Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits + Package Genuine Opportunities for Career Progression
** An excellent opportunity for an IT professional with a strong software support background and good customer facing skills to join an instantly recognisable global technology leader in transportation, telecommunications and associated electrical equipment, offering excellent career development and opportunities for career progression **
The Company - IT Support Engineer, SQL
My client is a leader in a wide range of technologies, and is part of a world leading technology group with representation in over one hundred countries worldwide and an enviable product portfolio which incorporates domestic, commercial, industrial, medical and corporate sectors. Their business is built upon substantial investment in 'start of the art' manufacturing facilities, innovative product development, the recruitment of good people and a long-term commitment to Research and Development.
The Role - IT Support Engineer, SQL
Plan, implement and progress the build, test, installation and commissioning of systems including production of supporting documentation and stock control to meet the requirements of customers within the constraints of contract specification, the programme and the allowed costs.
* Monitor and supervise the installation work by contractors to ensure it meets the Company standards and is in line with the contract specification.
* Provide telephone support, first and second line fault finding and investigations.
* Ensuring the support system is used to record issues and that they are progressed to resolution or escalated in line with company procedures.
* Plan the efficient use of sub-contract labour, taking into account the proximity, the skills of the sub-contractor, and the timing of the installation/maintenance works.
* Bring to the attention of the Operations Manager any job that is financially or technically in difficulty, by maintaining site logs, accurate records and monitoring deficiencies.
* Ensure all working environments are safe, meet with guiding legislation and kept tidy. Including the care, maintenance and serviceability of all equipment used to reflect the professionalism of the company
* Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training
* Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
* Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards
Your Background - IT Support Engineer, SQL
* Excellent customer facing skills gained in an IT or Software Support role
* HNC / ONC or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering and/or IT
* Be very co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
* Be willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
* Have drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
* IT - familiarity with software
* Work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
* Be organsied and prioritisation of tasks, with good attention to detail
* Must hold full UK Driving License
* Be wiling and able to work outside and work at heights
The Benefits - IT Support Engineer, SQL
In return for your endeavour, the successful applicants will benefit from 'first class' industry recognised training and a comprehensive remuneration package, including a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous company car or car allowance scheme, contributory pension scheme and private health cover.
This vacancy is being advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited. The services advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited are those of an employment agency and / or employment business