|Job Ref:||204762200||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||Thetford||Address:||Post Code:||IP24||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum £30–40,000 d.o.e. + Pension, 25||Post Date:||09/10/2016 04:16|
Can you bring a broad based design, development and project engineering skill set gained in a mechanical engineering manufacturing environment? How would a varied and multifaceted role at the heart of the engineering operations team grab you? This Design and Development Project Engineer opportunity is just what you are looking for:|
Joining this successful engineering manufacturer with a specialist range of products are always looking to keep ahead of the market with new products and innovations. Expansion has created this opportunity to bring together a number of key areas of the business to give overall project control. You will be an experienced, mechanically biased, all-round engineer with experience in design, development and project management. Using your skills in new product development, existing product improvements, production engineering and project management your expertise will sales ensure growth and manufacturing efficiency.
• Design and Product Development: both new product and existing product development will need you to work closely with customers, suppliers, the management team, manufacturing and maintenance to bring innovations, changes and improvements to market on time, in budget and to high quality standards.
• Documentation Maintenance: you will develop a drawings library and ensure regular updates are applied as well as ensuring all engineering change/request notes are recorded to give full traceability
• Project Management: taking from initial brief through to final completion, projects need to be delivered on time, in budget and to specification. Lots of liaison internally and externally will be needed along with the ability to plan, organise, chase up and deliver a successful result
• Quality, Compliance and Health and Safety: all products must be compliant to customer and regulatory standards so working closely with the Quality Manager, customers and technical engineering will be essential. H&S must be adhered to and promoted company wide.
The experience and skills you will need for to be the Design & Development
• HNC/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, likely to be apprentice trained with a strong practical aptitude for mechanical engineering having worked with stainless steel and metal fabrication
• Several years' product design and development experience using a 2D & 3D CAD system, ideally Solid Edge or a similar package and able to produce component manufacturing and assembly drawings with structured BOM's
• Project Management, QMS knowledge to meet ISO9000, H&S, solid Microsoft Office skills
• You will be inquisitive, conscientious and able to multitask showing adaptable skills in this multi-disciplinary role
• With excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, you will be comfortable dealing with customers, suppliers and manufacturing demonstrating a good commercial understanding
• A strong team player you must also be able to work on your own initiative, drive business development and stick to a product development timeline process
Salary and benefits: £30,000 - 40,000 d.o.e. + Pension contribution, 25 days holiday
Actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so contact Deborah 07766 56 26 43 | (Apply online only)
Opportunity to work with: Mechanical | Engineering |Product Design | 2D & 3D CAD | Solid Edge | Components | Project Management |
Commutable from: Attleborough | Brandon | Bury St Edmunds | Diss | Mildenhall | Newmarket | Stowmarket | Soham Swaffham | Thetford | Watton and surrounding areas
Similar titles: Design Engineer | Development Engineer | Project Engineer | Production Engineer | Technical engineer | Applications Engineer
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Estrata Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy