|Job Ref:||204762120||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 04:16|
REED Engineering and Manufacturing are working with a leading Engineering and Manufacturing Company with a global client base.|
Supervise the Manufacturing department to attain planned standards of Health & Safety, Quality, on time performance, inventory control, OEE and cost. Interact with maintenance, H&S and technical department in relation to plant availability, safety concerns, quality deviations and process improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Safety, health and environmental compliance for the department including SWP creation, Risk Assessment, audit compliance, corrective and preventative action, accident investigation and prevention.
* Use production schedules, scorecards, improvement plans and daily/visual management techniques as required.
* Apply formalised 5s/hazard reduction processes daily and rigorously.
* Requisitioning/maintenance of key supplies & equipment, managing supplier relationships.
* Support Department Manager to deliver a clear vision for the department, aligned to the Company's Corporate & local initiatives, to achieve enhanced productivity and efficiencies in line with forecast deliverables.
* Develop, lead and deliver management initiatives to drive efficiencies within manufacturing and stock management processes and procedures.
* Plan and manage asset and resource usage to ensure a co-ordinated manufacturing operation to meet service commitments.
* Coordinate the management and development of cross functional relationships to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of customer and business orders. This includes planning, transport and logistics, hardware/ equipment/ technical maintenance providers, Engineering, Quality and Maintenance
* Fully accountable for Leading, motivating, coaching and developing individual team members with implementation of a strong succession plan through documented One to Ones, appraisals and personal training and development plans ensuring appropriate matrices are updated.
* Responsible for ensuring all day to day people related tasks are fully documented and being carried on time and effectively e.g. One to Ones, Return to work interviews etc
* Responsible for managing first line Employee Relations within the team in a timely and accurate manner including any disciplinary and grievance hearings.
* Responsible for ensuring all documentation is processed in a timely manner with the relevant departments including any payroll changes and departmental changes to ensure budget accuracy.
* Accountable for control of holiday requests within own team ensuring that holidays are in line with plans and that production risk is minimised because of agreed absences
* Management of 5s for the area
* Involvement in the recruitment process following all Company standards.
Skills Experience and Qualification
* Ideally have a ONC/HNC in a relevant technical discipline
* Process Management experience preferred - eg six sigma / equivalent
* Good standard of numeracy and literacy
* Microsoft Office - Intermediate to Advanced level
* General management business acumen, including management experience within a high performing leading world class manufacturing environment. Cost management, P&L Management, Manpower planning, Capacity planning, Materials control
Qualities & Attributes
* Ability to lead a team and share knowledge, business strategy and vision
* Ability to manage across functions, influencing others to drive departmental business plan deliverables
* Ability to participate in improvement activities
* Demonstrates personal discipline to apply the requirements and accepted standards
* Demonstrates a proactive and motivated attitude clear drive to achieve results
* Ability to drive communication at all levels
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business