|Job Ref:||204762116||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 04:16|
REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading engineering company with a global client base.|
Mechanical Engineer to support the existing product portfolio of Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensing and instrumentation products. The successful candidate will be a team player, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment as part of a small team. This will include working closely with the Sales and Operations teams to support ongoing business for existing products, including variants and customer specials.
Job Purpose & Role
Working independently and proactively within a multidisciplinary team as the local product and technology engineering authority for existing products, the role includes:
* Support Sales, Operations and customers with current product designs.
* Provide a high level of support to the Sales team in engineering aspects of variants and customer special products.
* Establish good working relationships with engineers throughout the Division.
* Liaison with both customers and suppliers.
* Provide high quality technical reports supported by simulations and/or lab tests.
* Support customer base and Process Engineering team with design improvements that enhance manufacturability and assembly while minimizing costs.
* Ensures all Company procedures are adhered to - especially EHS and Quality requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
* University degree in mechanical engineering or mechatronics or mechanical engineering apprenticeship with HNC/HND.
* Experience of metal fabrication, machining and joining
* Appreciation of electronics.
* Experience in Industrial segment.
* Understanding of the design process and constraints.
* Fluent English.
* Experience with Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensors or mechatronics systems would be highly ADVANTAGEOUS.
* Confident to 'stand-alone' whilst receptive to new concepts and designs.
* Proactive and creative with the ability to provide new solutions/ideas and with a genuine interest in technology development.
* Good communication skills and good customer influence/interaction.
* Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
* International mind-set, able to co-operate with international engineering teams both on company and customer side.
* Solid working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D draughting system.
* Experience creating BOMs and work instructions an advantage.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business