|Job Ref:||204761804||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum with benefits||Post Date:||09/10/2016 04:16|
The Estimator planner role is a great opportunity for a candidate to join a forward thinking engineering company, which is developing its self and its staff to service its customers to a level above and beyond what is expected, |
This is a new role for the company; the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role, with opportunities for the successful candidate to progress to a senior level within the company.
The estimator planner duties will include:
• Preparation of quotation values for manufactured components, generated from customer drawings and specifications.
• Drafting full routing structures, including material, labour, and manufacturing cycle costs, including outsourced activities.
• Drafting bills of material, working with procurement and suppliers to achieve customer specified specifications for material and treatments.
• Liaise with customers regarding specifications and drawing queries.
• Monitoring and managing project delivery dates. In conjunction with the scheduler.
• Actively participate in cost reduction programmes.
• Maintain records of estimates and create processes to calculate, analyse costs for future projects.
Skills required for the estimator planner role:
• Proven experience in an engineering shop environment.
• At least 10 years' experience of estimating and planning.
• Preferably apprentice trained in an engineering discipline.
• Able to read customer drawings and technical data documents.
• Capable of collaborating with, Production management, Production engineering and Production staff.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good level of operation of Microsoft office suite programs, especially MS Powerpoint, Excel, and Word.
With the salary comes an excellent benefits package