|Job Ref:||16-10185||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
A. Responsible for procurement of semi complex high-dollar, Subcontractor services and materials which may have long lead times, and other procurements as assigned.|
B. Assist in planning and coordinating facility surveys to determine Subcontractor's ability to perform repair work. Obtain reviews, concurrence, and approvals as required by the Purchasing Manual.
C. Validate subcontracts and rental requisitions against contract and project specifications with in-depth technical understanding of the statement of work and required subcontractor or leasing company qualifications.
D. Ensure subcontract agreements clearly specify all pertinent technical requirements and invoke all relevant contract clauses, terms, and conditions.
E. Perform price analysis and negotiation of subcontractor and leasing company proposals.
F. Maintain exceptionally close liaison between Subcontractors, Suppliers and Program Managers, and Material Control for resolution of performance problems, and to ensure timely receipt of a satisfactory product/services.
G. Be aware of NASSCO's "Standards and Business Conduct" and abide by the instructions and guidelines set forth in the standard.
H. Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Typically has a BA/BS in a related field, or AA/AS plus two (2) years' directly related experience, or six (6) years' directly related experience.
A. Knowledge of:
1. NASSCO's ship repair approach, organization, procedures and material requirements.
2. Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
3. Contract law principles and their application to ship repair environment.
4. Ability to think clearly under pressure of time deadlines.
5. NASSCO health, safety, and environmental policies.
B. Skill in:
1. Negotiating semi-complex, high-dollar, and/or custom Subcontractor service and material procurements.
2. Maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and sound judgment.
3. Document preparation including special reports and presentations.
4. Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
5. Excellent business math and verbal and written communication skills.
Must have reliable record of attendance and punctuality and be available for overtime as required.
Must be able to physically transit all areas of the facility.
Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, and to talk and hear.
Must have good eye/hand coordination. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.