|Job Ref:||138544BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||09/10/2016 22:32|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Technical Authors / Ghost Writers to join our well-established and experienced Transportation Work Wining Centre of Excellence (WWCE) team in our centrally located Birmingham office.
The WWCE team manage the largest and most important bids in established and emerging markets across Europe. This includes major bid preparations, management of future pipelines of prospects, providing direction and assistance to all Sectors within the UK and Europe, as well as being charged with producing technically accurate, well written, and excellently presented Expression of Interest and Tender submissions.
We are now looking to enhance and grow the WWCE team with individuals with a proven knowledge of bid response and quality submission preparation who will share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding portfolio of opportunities.
As a Technical Author / Ghost Writer you will have the following responsibilities:
• Reviews RFP/ITT and other related documents and gathers proposal information including a list of questions, information and material required to create the response.
• Identifies and re-works existing content where relevant and agrees the response structure with the Bid Manager.
• Attends Strategy Meetings to fully understand the purpose of the proposal and the client's requirements and expectations.
• Helps to prepare a bid deliverables and programme for the effective creation of the proposal response including design, writing, editing, review and production.
• Works to proposal deadlines, priorities and target dates for all activities.
• Runs/contributes to storyboard sessions and bid reviews.
• Acts responsibly through adherence to and improvement of AECOM WW processes, policies and procedures.
• Where appropriate, proactively develops and manages a network of Sector Technical Specialists (STS) who will write sections of the proposal.
• Coordinates all STS writers and contributes to/leads story board sessions.
• Writes sections of the proposal (proposal responses).
• Reads, reviews, edits and finalises proposal responses from a variety of writers.
• Ensures persuasive writing, consistency, professional standards and completion to RFP/ITT requirements.
• Works with Creative / Graphic design to help create preliminary templates.
• Assembles final text, graphics, exhibits and supporting documents into an attractive and winning package.
• Accurately assess timescales & resource implications of the client's requirements & uses internal resources effectively.
• Produce cost estimates for complex proposals.
• Improves proposal writing results by evaluating and re-designing boilerplates etc.
• Recognise systematic process problems and recommend/implement improvements.
• Develops new approaches to current work resulting in efficiency savings or higher quality outputs.
• Significant experience within the Transportation sector or an all-round industry wide professional with a proven writing background.
• Will thrive on the adherence to processes/systems and highly motivated to support bid teams.
• An excellent eye for detail, not accept second best and will take personal pride and responsibility for all aspects within their control.
• Innovative and creative with ability of generating new ideas and following through to completion.
• The ability to work collaboratively with clients and colleagues alike.
• A flexible approach to work and willingness to travel and work in different UK offices.
• The ability to work under pressure and deliver work to deadlines.
• Demonstrate understanding of bid management and quality systems.
• IT Skills required in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent with a professional writing background.
• APMP Practitioner qualification (desirable).
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.