Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
The Caledonia Water Alliance is a partnership between AECOM and Morrison Utility Services to support the delivery of £360 million of capital investment in potable water infrastructure on behalf of Scottish Water over the next four years. CWA services consist of programme management, design, rehabilitation and construction of pipeline and distribution network projects across Scotland.
In line with the growth of CWA we are actively looking to expand the team with the addition of a Project Manager to manage delivery of potable water pipeline projects including all associated civil engineering inputs from Scottish Water Stages Capex 1 through to Capex 3 and provide support from Capex 3 to Approval.
Based in Stepps or Deerdykes, Glasgow, and requiring the candidate to travel to site locations, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver potable and raw water pipeline and distribution projects in a challenging and rewarding environment. This is a project lead role with responsibility for timeous delivery, quality, team management and staff mentoring in a thriving business.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- The role is end to end project management, starting from inception stage and taking the project through various stages such as investigation, bid, outline design, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover;
- You will hold budgetary control, forecasting project expenditure and programme performance, whilst ensuring effective delivery. Responsible and accountable for the delivery of project on time and budget;
- Reviewing Scottish Water handover documentation and managing the handover process;
- Managing the Scottish Water Governance processes and preparing Governance documentation for all Capex gateways;
- Producing CAPEX 1.1 estimates, obtaining and delivering to approved Stage Budgets, monitoring actual spend on project, updating VOWD and LBEs;
- Preparing and submitting documentation for SW IPAQ review;
- Managing and overseeing the production of outline and detailed designs, reports, drawings, tender documents, specifications etc;
- Ensuring excellent HSE procedures are maintained throughout the project life cycle and ensuring designers and principal designers comply with CDM regulations;
- Experience with programming (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems.
- Managing project budget and forecast accurately to client and company's requirements. Identifying and implementing cost reduction initiatives;
- Administering the NEC ECC contract on behalf of CWA including managing EWNs, CEs, accepted programme, risk register etc;
- Identifying and acquiring necessary project resources, managing staff forecast;
- Ensure the project specific Project Management Plan is developed and regularly updated throughout the lifecycle of the project;
- Ensuring works procedures are compliant with the design, project management and quality plans;
- Ensure constructability and planning reviews are carried out in timely manner;
- Encourage and integrate innovation and cost effective working methods;
- Ensure change is managed effectively on the project and follow company quality management processes for the management of change on a project and follow TQ processes and Compensation Event processes under the contract;
- Manage Subcontractors and Suppliers on the project where appropriate and ensure the relevant NEC form of subcontract is used and complied with;
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams through the project life-cycle, and experience of managing large workloads of multiple projects concurrently;
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to present and communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to build, maintain and manage strong client relationships;
- Supporting and engaging in design reviews and HAZOP studies;
- Drive excellence in Health & Safety in design, ensuring a culture of safety by design by eliminating hazards and risks wherever possible;
- Monitoring and reporting against the project program;
- Monitoring and pro-actively managing the project programme;
- Working closely with the construction managers;
- Manage risk and opportunities on all assigned projects.
- You will have significant experience in delivering Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation related projects, and qualifications in these disciplines
- Chartered Engineer.
- It is desirable that you possess a Project Management qualification or be working towards a qualification in this area. In addition, a good working knowledge of different contract types (including NEC), and different procurement options is desirable.
- Excellent report writing, communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience of water and wastewater projects.
- Confidence and experience of meeting with internal and external clients and of producing proposals.
- Willingness to travel to meet the needs of specific projects is desirable
- Analytical and problem solving, attention to detail and creative thinking.
- Experience in design and build projects.
- Expert user of Microsoft office suite.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Demonstrated experience in developing business and forming strong client relationships including an ability to deal directly with clients.
- A proven ability of managing and growing a team, with strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain a highly motivated project delivery team.
- You will hold a BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in Engineering.
- Ideally holding Chartered Engineer status.
- CSCS card holder
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.