|Job Ref:||204762432||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£30000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 03:25|
Information Security Officer|
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 (Inclusive of LLA) + Benefits
Location: Central London
A growing and dynamic Government agency has a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Information Security Officer to join their Risk & Information Security team.
The role offers plenty of scope for long term progression within the organisation which will include professional development.
Reporting to the Information Security Manager your responsibilities will include:
• Operate alongside the Information Security Manager in the day to day management of Information Assurance, Compliance and incident management
• Undertake the review and development of information security policies, and related standards and guidelines
• Develop additional information security policies and standards for specific requirements
• Carry out compliance checks against information security policies and report.
• Participate in the review of operating procedures, information assurance and compliance with the security manager
• Undertakes initiatives to raise awareness of information security issues within the business and service partners
• Coordinates response to information security incidents and escalates where appropriate to the Information Security Manager
• Analyse root causes of information security incidents and propose additional preventive controls and operational improvements ("lessons learned")
• Monitor compliance with information security policies and standards with the help of technical tools
• Monitor the effectiveness of security policies and practices covering physical, procedural and technical controls
• Remain proactive in assessing and minimising information security risks and business impacts arising from information processing and ICT services and systems threats and vulnerabilities.
• Take responsibility for disposal and destruction of data, hardware and paper.
• Manage the Offsite Storage relationship.
• Produce detailed and meaningful statistics on use of information and Internet browsing within the organisation
• Undertake Information Security Audits in relation to 3rd party supplier and report on findings and recommendations to the ISM
• Support the work of the Security Working Group by preparing papers and maintaining records of discussions and actions.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Experience in a in a similar role or team - examples are:
o Information Assurance or Compliance
o Information Security Officer (ISO)
o IT Security Officer (ITSO)
o Information Risk Manager
o DPA Officer
o Customer Focus/Help Desk Positions
• Ability to assess information systems processes and ICT services and systems threats, vulnerabilities and risks
• Ability to write reports on information risk management
• Ability to author information security policies and procedures
• Works and communicates effectively and fluently with managers and staff - able to explain complex technical issues in terms that non-technical managers and staff will understand
• Able to meet deadlines, prioritise and organise a busy schedule of work
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as member of a team and as an effective customer service focused deliverer
• Creative, enthusiastic and committed to the role
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence. The role is subject to security vetting to SC level.
Momentum Security Recruitment
Established as a Security Recruitment specialist Momentum Recruitment provide a quality focused recruitment service for the provision of permanent, contract & temporary staff across the EMEA region.
Momentum Recruitment covers the following markets.
Manned Guarding - Management & Operations
Manned Guarding - Officer & site personnel staff
Retail Loss Prevention, Audit & Fraud
Security Sales & Business Development