|Job Ref:||204762500||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Salary depending on experience||Post Date:||10/10/2016 03:26|
Our busy clients are a Manchester-based construction company specialising in energy efficient and well-designed building projects. With their own design, build and site teams we manage all building projects in-house from architectural drawings and surveying through to build and handover to property management companies. Particularly committed to the construction and refurbishment of unloved historic buildings and transforming them into high tech and environmentally sustainable developments. Property management including qualified lettings negotiators and a dedicated maintenance team|
They are now looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor
Salary depending on skills and experience.
Location: City Centre Manchester close to all transport links
Hours to be discussed on interview
20 days holiday + stats
Quantity Surveyor Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
• Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
• Literate and Numerate
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
• Ability to work to deadlines
Quantity Surveyor Key Responsibilities:
• Support the project team in all commercial matters
• Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping
• Ensure timely submission of valuations
• Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
• Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
• Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
• Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
• Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
• Identify and realize opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
• Preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
• Procurement and management of subcontract packages.
• Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
• Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
• Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications