|Job Ref:||204762643||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Edmonton||Address:||Post Code:||PL27||Salary:||£50000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 03:26|
£50,000 per annum + £3,000 Travel Allowance + 5% Management Bonus + TfL Oyster Cards
Following several key appointments within the business, our client is now seeking to recruit an experienced Engineering Manager, on a permanent basis, whose role will be to ensure the running of an efficient & effective engineering operation that meets the targets set out by TfL, VOSA and the business, whilst also achieving the brand promise "committed to delivering a better service".
Engineering Managers are part of a team led by the Engineering Director, Regional General Managers & Engineering General Managers, which work together to resolve the practical and engineering issues facing the London fleet.
As this is a non-technical role, the depot Engineering Manager is solely accountable for the operational aspects of the business unit and will be responsible for:
* Leading all staff within the Engineering function, identifying training needs and career development opportunities.
* Promoting and championing of Health & Safety and operating procedures.
* Ensuring necessary vehicle availability to meet contractual obligations whilst guaranteeing that all vehicles are cleaned and maintained to the statutory requirements set out by VOSA.
* Dealing with the maintenance, health and safety and environmental impact of Company premises and ensuring legislative compliance.
* Recruitment, staffing levels and pay of all engineering staff, adhering to Company policies, procedures and formal union agreements. This includes absence and performance management.
* To build and deliver the engineering budget for your area of the business and ensure that targets are met.
* Reducing waste and supporting Continuous Improvement and increased efficiency wherever possible.
* Utilising a bespoke ERP system to provide effective and efficient administration.
This is a highly visible role that demands the Engineering Manager to carry-out team briefings, covering the depot's performance against set targets and KPIs; highlighting successes, failings and areas of improvement. As such, applicants should be approachable and able to communicate coherently and succinctly with technical and non-technical colleagues in order that a "right first time" culture is developed in the Engineering & Maintenance teams as part of the company's Continuous Improvement plan.
Ideally the successful Engineering Manager will have operational experience in multi-site production management, with particular emphasis on performance and efficiency. Engineering Managers within the company have a wealth of management tools at their disposal and to employ these correctly the successful candidate should be accustomed to using a variety of IT applications (Oracle would be ideal).
This is a permanent position and as such, Commercial Consultants (UK) Ltd is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client. For more information, to apply, or for an informal chat please call (Apply online only) or email