KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. |
Project Level Contracts Manager, Overseas Services Contracts
Under broad direction, responsible for managing the contracting process for the Base Operations Support Services contracts at an overseas locations. Place of assignment will be at location and matrixed into the Project/Program Management Staff, while reporting to a more senior Contract Manager at the Corporate level. Potential contract type includes but is not limited to one or a combination of FFP, Fixed Price Incentive, or Cost Reimbursable with Award Fee, Fixed Fee or combination of both. In addition to performing all post award contract administration functions, the job requires review and analysis of potential IDIQ work, special projects and other contract changes. Negotiates and administers contract changes and coordinates submittal of contractually required notifications to the government.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Submittal of contract data items such as periodic progress/performance reports, project schedules, or other contractually required documentation.
- Review of all document submissions, including proposals and estimates, while ensuring compliance with the contract; TINA; the Contractor's approved business systems; and, Client/Government requirements, rules, processes or regulations.
- Advise Project Managers and other project personnel on contract requirements.
- Prepares and maintains contract documentation such as Price Negotiation Memorandums, evidence of proper company reviews/approvals, and conformed working copies of contracts.
- Prepare documentation involving expression of the company's position on potential disputes, claims or protests.
- Interface with Government Contracting Officers on a regular and routine basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide direction to the project team to resolve contract administration issues.
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Substantial knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and its supplements
- Strong to excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Good presentation, leadership and team-building skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
- General use of Microsoft Office © especially Word © and Excel ©.
Potential Overseas work locations:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree plus 7 years business or related experience. Advanced degree highly desirable. Work experience will be considered as a substitute.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager, Certified Commercial Contracts Manager and/or Certified Federal Contracts certification; US Government certification under DAIWIA in Contracting; and, other specialized FAR/DFARS training are pluses.
- Diego Garcia