Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||40125885||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 21:04|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Emergency Services Supervisor, within the Security and Emergency team your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Meet the senior technician (or supervisor or superintendent or manager) level requirements of the Operating Discipline Standard
- Maintain systems to ensure emergency prevention, preparedness, response and recovery is effective.
- Liaising with Operational Leaders to ensure emergency management requirements are coordinated.
- Management of specific SEM projects aligned with HSE Business Plan.
- Complete weekly handover notes
- Complete monthly poison permit audits
- Complete drug checks (countersigned)
- Cert 4 in Health Care Ambulance or equivalent
- Certificate III Mines rescue or equivalent Drug and alcohol collection
- Workplace Trainer & Assessor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent in computer use and the MS office suite
- Leadership skills and experience in managing people in emergency situations
- Exposure to drug & alcohol testing
- Exposure to Health, Safety and Environment protocols
- Previous experience working in remote areas highly regarded
- Minimum of Heavy Ridged driver's license
These positions will be FIFO based from Perth to our WAIO operations across the Pilbara region on a family friendly roster. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to commensurate with experience, and includes performance incentive and a generous superannuation scheme, as well as other benefits.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40125885 and 40167931
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.