Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces all over the world. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems|
We’re seeking talented Systems Design Engineers, who can apply their knowledge and skills in an innovative system engineering design role. We have built up a team passionate about developing products for a safer world and we’re now looking for like-minded, engineers to join us.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The role will require participation in one or more of the following System design activities:
- Requirements Capture, Development, and Management
- Operational Analysis – understanding how the User will deploy the product, and how this will influence the design.
- Concept generation and evaluation.
- Generation of architecture solutions and subsequent decomposition to sub-system and component elements.
- Development of simulations and models to define detailed System Design, Behaviour, and Performance.
- Planning and participation in Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification (IVVQ) activities to ensure the delivered product meets customer requirements.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and have good experience in a product development role from defence or commercial background
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm about modern technology and methods, and have an aptitude for systems design methodology.
- Good communications skills, both verbally and written
- Professional behaviour and discipline to work efficiently in a team, with customers and suppliers
- Show an aptitude for personal development and keep appraised of current technology trend