|Job Ref:||WIC03926||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Wichita||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 22:03|
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft's Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. Its dedicated staff of nearly 250 is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. In April 2015, the facility expanded with an addition of 38,000 square feet of hangar space, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft.
In your role, you will:
• Oversee the performance of all maintenance work packages for assigned aircraft and ensure adherence to planned vs. actual hours and Repair Station Manual.
• Supervises assigned aircraft maintenance employees.
• Encourage and promote a safe work environment by supervising a safety/security program which includes operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, 5S, general housekeeping and lean manufacturing.
• Ensure that regular established safety/security audits are conducted and discrepancies are addressed.
• Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, time card and vacation approvals, PMP and 30/60 day reviews, opportunities for professional development and training, personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues, and salary adjustments, as well as employee schedules and leave
• Assist with customers in daily communications, coordinating, and follow-up for items such as time/labor/material quotes, preliminary invoices, progress updates, customer approval and debrief on work packages, resolution of squawks, and warranty issues. May be required to upsell additional work to Customer.
• Supervise the performance of maintenance and service work packages for assigned aircraft. Per assigned shift, manage labor hours per work package for accuracy and efficiency.
• On assigned shift, execute and maintain schedule through aircraft delivery and follow-up. Monitor and oversee work flow to ensure work package is on schedule and within budget, including shop floor efficiency. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with Repair Station / Quality Manual, Site Operating Procedures and FARs.
• As required, submit requests for engineering support (RED's, RFE's, SRPSA's and installs) in direct support of operations for all product lines.
• Support all teams (i.e. Quality, Invoice Analysts, Line Service, Materials) in returning aircraft to service after maintenance.
• May be required to act on behalf of Project Manager during absence (Business Aircraft only)
• Working knowledge to assist and coordinate special programs (i.e., Smart Parts, ESP, MSP, Honeywell, and Warranty) with Planning, Invoice Analysts and Materials. (Business Aircraft only)
• Review final customer invoice as needed, (i.e., review margin analysis, warranty negotiations, and revision of service orders (SVOs). (Business Aircraft only, approve and sign).
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding facility financial objectives on all projects. May be required to issue and collect DPRs, reviews payment terms with customer.
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in performing aircraft heavy/line maintenance
• You have a minimum of 1 year of supervisory or 2 years of lead experience
• You have an A&P license or otherwise appropriately certificated under FAR part 65
• You have working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, for example, part 91, 121, 135, and 145
• You have working knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs for jet aircraft
• You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
• You have customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
• You demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop people and build a strong team
• You have strong verbal and written communications skills
• You have training skills necessary to provide employee training
• You have planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate workload of assigned employees within a multiple project setting
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and / or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, project, email and web-based applications as well as other operating systems used to manage the maintenance work
• You are available to work weekend shift (Saturday, Sunday & Monday 6:42am - 6:42pm)
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.