|Job Ref:||TISC-UKDY01190462||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||10/10/2016 22:04|
With 61 production and engineering sites and 18 service centres in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 39,400 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions.|
Bombardier's Litchurch Lane factory is the UK's leading and longest-standing train manufacturing site, founded in 1876 by the Midland Railway, is recognized as the most efficient train factory and a global centre of excellence in aluminium train technology in Bombardier's global network, forming an integrated works where trains are designed as well as assembled. The trains being delivered from the Derby manufacturing facility have recorded world record breaking reliability statistics.
We are currently looking to recruit a Carbody Work Package Leader (m/f), based in Derby, United Kingdom.
• A Carbody project team will normally comprise a Work Package Leader, a number of Carbody engineers, a design team leader and a group of designers. The team is supported by specialists in structural analysis, dynamics and manufacturing.
• The workload of a work package leader would typically include the following:
• To lead the team in respect of the design, analyse and development of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements. To provide cost and schedule estimates for engineering programs. To provide technical guidance in support of other departments and less experienced engineering personnel.
• To coordinate a multinational cross functional team of specialists including Structures, Gauging, Manufacturing, Materials, Procurement and Physical Integration. To reach an optimum solution for cost, space, strength, weight, manufacturing, access for assembly and maintenance.
• To support procurement in respect of their liaison with the nominated suppliers to ensure that the emerging design is capable of being manufactured and integrated into the vehicle in an optimum way.
• To oversee the design through the formal release process.
• To participate in verification and validation programmes in respect of bodyshell and bolster testing ,crash tests and associated components
• Interfacing with Bombardier's off-shore partners in India to ensure that the 3D models and 2D drawings are to the correct standard and reflect the design intent.
• Supervise the production of engineering instructions and weights calculations
• Involvement in the management and governance process for the team
• Managing design interfaces with other functions
• Preside over design reviews
• Manage the production of certification and validation documents
• Ensure that deliverables are of the correct quality level, complete and ready to enter the formal approval process.
• Oversee formal checking and approval of deliverables produced by others
• Production Support both on site and at the premises of multinational suppliers
• Conformance report writing
• HND or relevant experience such as an Apprenticeship
• Mechanical engineering background with a bias for Structure
• Good technical insight on vehicle design
• Best practices for manufacturing and assembly of rail passenger vehicle in aluminium and steel.
• Familiarity with fabricated structures
• Good verbal and written English communication skills
• Experience with working with internal and external customers / suppliers at a technical level
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation in the UK? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people!