Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Area Sales Manager manages the sales team within a defined area of SimplexGrinnell. This role will be responsible for directly leading sales managers in the area in order to deliver sales growth, expanding relationships with our customers, driving new business, and maintaining recurring service revenues to achieve organizational objectives at the area level. This position will take the lead in enhancing the area sales capabilities of SimplexGrinnell in partnership with the Area General Manager and other area leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sales of a geographic area within SimplexGrinnell
- Drive continuous growth through partnering with Area General Manager and functional teams
- Create and drive local sales strategy and align to enterprise programs/strategies
- Manage the day - to - day activities of an area sales force in order to implement the organizations overall sales strategy for an assigned region
- Review and monitor sales performance, and refine sales strategies as required in discussion within the area. Reallocate resources to improve overall results as needed
- Contribute to the development of marketing, customer retention, advertising, pricing, and distribution strategies for the area
- Ensure the sales force receives coaching and training on the technical aspects of the organization's products and services; on marketing campaigns, and sales promotions; and on sales techniques, procedures, and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets
- Utilize technical expertise to provide the sales team with the necessary tools, information and support to identify new opportunities and obtain additional sales
- Build, hire, develop, and align a high-performance team
- Ensure sales channel(s) strategic initiatives are executed in accordance with enterprise goals and area budgets
- College or University degree, preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of sales management of a distributed sales organization in the security, technology or IT/IP industries.
- Experience in the use of CRM systems to manage sales process and funnel.
- Ability to coordinate multiple services and needs from providers, customers and end-users with a track record of influencing people at all levels towards building consensus
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple services and needs from providers, customers and end-users with a track record of influencing people at all levels towards building consensus
- Committed to developing and organizing a multi-talented team
- Innovative and constantly looking for opportunities to improve
- Strong business acumen - 4 year degree (Business or Engineering preferred)
- Ability to balance short term results with long term objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; public speaking experience desired
- Proven time management skills, prioritization and delivery against deadlines
- Experience leading and developing Sales Managers/Sales teams through organizational change
- Experience in leading and managing remote workforce preferred
- Experience working in a matrix style management structure preferred
- Good working knowledge of NA or other CRM platform
- Managerial courage - able and willing to speak up and share opinions and ideas
- Results driven - proven record of delivering on business needs/sales quotas/leading others to success
- Conflict management - ability to address conflicts quickly and resolve to the satisfaction of the company and customer
- Organizational agility - able to handle change in stride
- Relationship building - relationship builder and influences others where needed to deliver results
- Talent development - strong promoter and developer of others. Prefer those with demonstrable results in retaining top talent and recruiting top talent
- Customer focus
- Displays and champions integrity and trust
- Action oriented
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Control’s we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.