The Water Product Marketing Manager will liaise with Product Management teams globally and regional Marcom teams, and reports to the Global Marketing Leader for the Water and Mechanical business. Responsible for developing marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. Evaluates customer research, market conditions, customer & competitor data and implements marketing plans. Oversees all marketing, advertising and promotional activities, and provides guidance to the Marcom teams globally. Delivers briefings to external Marketing agencies, in cooperation with Marcom. |
This job can be located at Lansdale PA or Cranston RI locations.
Global Strategic Marketing position for all water-based fire suppression products with specific focus on Sprinklers. Commercializing new products and developing strategies for building product & brand awareness across key markets focusing on the fire protection industry. Major duties include:
- Allocate and manage a global marketing budget.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for business.
- Lead new product launches and message product value propositions to our customers and provide sales tools for the sales and business development teams.
- Develop marketing strategies to support Product Management and organizational goals.
- Manage the Marketing department budget and delivery of all marketing initiatives within agreed budget.
- Manage and execute marketing campaigns and programs to support Water products.
- Team with Marcom to ensure effective implementation of Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Provide new product launch support, launch materials, training kits and advertising.
- Create messaging for existing products and commercialize new products to key customer segments.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provide feedback for future product developments.
- Visit major end users and formulate VOC (Voice of the Customer).
- Partner with Marcom team on key needs to support the marketing strategy and ensure proper messaging.
- Work with Product Managers, Brand Marketing and Marcom to develop and execute brand strategy and build brand awareness.
- Select appropriate tradeshows, which support the product strategy and guide messaging for regional tradeshows.
- Work closely with Product Management and Technical Services to develop case studies and articles for targeted placements in trade journals and magazines.
- Create competitor analysis and updated market analysis for the product strategy development.
- Maintain Tyco brand as a "Thought Leader" through participation in industry trade associations and conferences.
- Provide monthly reporting to senior management, attend and contribute at territory management meetings.
- Liaise with Product Management, Training Services, Purchase departments, and support Territory Managers and local Sales teams.
- Drive and actively contribute to seminars/roadshows aiming to educate our markets and customers.
- Gather relevant market information: Competitor activities (price, product, performance data), relevant legislation, and required approvals.
- Commercial Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, additional Marketing education; MBA strongly preferred.
- 5-8 years product management, marketing management or related experience in a highly technical, industrial business environment.
- Strong financial, general business acumen and budget management experience.
- Experience within a construction or infrastructure related industry or fire suppression industry highly desired.
- Experience working in a matrix business structure and working collaboratively with multiple functions on joint programs is required.
- Proven ability to drive results amidst organizational ambiguity.
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills, multiple languages skills a plus.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint is mandatory; Design and publishing software a plus.