Leads moderately complex projects that generally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of local project offices, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope. Proven experience supporting top tier accounts; 10 million dollar annual revenue or equivalent experience with top tier accounts at another large firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Methodology - Understanding of Project Management Institute's (PMI) methodology and key knowledge areas; Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement Management.
- Communication/Coordination - Responsible for communication and status reporting to project staff, customer and Johnson Controls management. Responsible for work plan, managing project resources, duty assignment, responsibilities, scope of authority and provides technical advice and problem resolution to all aspects of project.
- Fiscal - Responsible for tracking projects expenditures and installation progress through reviews of status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules of plans as required. Maintains full financial accountability to project; requires ability to forecast financial trends across project, ability to understand internal Johnson Controls and external client cost structures and integrate, or translate to/from Johnson Controls accounting methodology using AIA standards.
- Quality - Maintain full accountability to project quality; conducting inspections of worksite, ensuring workmanship meets Johnson Controls installation required quality standards and expectations.
- Customer Service - Provide responsive, concise, and professional support to all customers and other personnel and ensures timely follow-up on all customer concerns and issues.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree or equivalent work experience of at least five years.
- 5 years Project Management - security industry or new construction experience preferred.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale. Johnson Controls is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.