Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM are seeking a Project Manager (Infrastructure & Utilities) to join our team in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaison and coordination with the Project Director and Client on a day to day basis as required.
- Direct and manage the implementation of the project including coordination with project stakeholders, consultants, contractors and other external and internal parties to achieve project milestones.
- Act as the Company representative with the Client and selected consultants and contractors during the program execution.
- Responsible for following up on instructions & commitments associated with the project.
- Oversee establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Control Plan and other documents.
- Establish the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitor the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- Assign responsibility to key subordinates and monitor progress of assigned tasks and deliverables
- Work with other managers, project engineers and discipline heads to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Work with the key project individuals to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Monitor and report to management on the progress of all project activities within the program, including significant milestones and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedules.
- Establish and chair weekly progress meetings to review project status and formulate actions items.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Time/cost management;
- Authority Liaison;
- Following of application and permitting procedures.
- The candidate should have experience working in a multinational, multidisciplinary environment. The candidate will also be expected to undertake tasks outside of his/her primary role such as bid preparation, authority liaison etc
- Minimum 10 years in infrastructure, mixed use residential development projects or large highway projects
- Proficient in MS Office works
- AUTOCAD skills.
- MS Project
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Accountability for assigned work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or appropriate discipline with minimum 10 years' experience in mixed use residential development projects or large highway projects
- Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) may be required to enable assignment flexibility.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.