Hourly Rate Bands £8.51 - £9.00 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
A Night Support Officer/Security Officer is required to work within a retail environment based in Leeds, LS1.
As a Security Officer, you will be required to work 36 hours per week, working on a rota shift basis. You will work 4 days on from 9pm to 7am with 3 days off, followed by 2 shifts from 11pm to 7am and then 3 days off.
Full flexibility is highly essential for this role.
You must be CCTV and SIA Licensed. Door Supervisory experience is highly advantageous but not essential.
- To assist and monitor the Security Team to respond to incidents.
- To monitor access and egress of personnel and respond to breaches.
- To be responsible for the administration, issue and return of all keys and radio communication equipment.
- To ensure that all incidents, which occur during the course of your duties, are reported promptly and recorded within the guidelines laid down by Corporate Security and efficiently dealt with.
- To ensure integrity of the security systems is maintained.
- To ensure that the removal of goods and permit to work procedures are maintained at all times.
- To conduct mandatory searches of bags and personal belongings to sub-contractors and cleaners before they leave the premises, on the client's instruction.
- To comply with data protection guidelines regarding disclosure of personal and confidential information held on the security databases.
- To conduct a patrol of the premises using CCTV internally noting results in the patrol book.
- To cover the reception and turnstiles as directed at locations listed within the Assignment Instructions.
- To conduct regular internal and external perimeter building patrols.
- Staff should be aware of suspect packages being deposited in and around the precinct of the building and should make themselves aware of the separate procedure to be adopted should such a devise be discovered.
- To report any incident or occurrence out of the ordinary to Security Control Centre and enter into the Daily Occurrence Book (DOB).
- Any other duties deemed to be appropriate or necessary to the post.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Good communication (both written and oral) and customer service skills (Essential).
- Experience in working within a team as well as on your own (Essential).
- A valid SIA Licence (Essential) - Door Supervisor (Preferred).
- Corporate experience preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrable proactive and professional approach to security.
- Ability to operate in a pressurised environment.
- Attention to detail, proactive and excellent time management.
- Good time management skills
- Flexible approach to working practices and working out of hours
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer focussed approach to work.
- An understanding and ability to adhere to the principles of quality and equality in the workplace.
- Sets and maintains very high standards
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.