|Job Ref:||SQS/AM/GPBGTM||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 60,000 per year, Car package, Pension + Bonuses||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:29|
Are you an experienced senior Quantity Surveyor with an ambition of becoming a commercial manager?|
Do you want to work for a leading home builder?
Look no further!
* perform risk, value management and cost control;
* advise on a procurement strategy;
* identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
* prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
* allocate work to subcontractors;
* provide advice on contractual claims;
* analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
* value completed work and arrange payments;
* maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
* understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
You will need to have:
* a practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking;
* a creative and innovative approach to problem solving;
* strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages;
* the ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people;
* negotiation and team work skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site;
* detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Senior QS - Quantity Surveyor