|Job Ref:||bewi0971213||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 43,000 - £ 45,000 per year, excellent benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:29|
Maintenance Manager - Amazing Opportunity - Historic Building - Client Direct - Central London - 45k + Excellent Benefits|
Have you ever wanted to find that "job for life"?
Would you like to work at a truly amazing venue in Central London?
If so, please read on......
A unique client is currently looking to recruit a maintenance manager to work in one of London's best known landmark buildings.
The maintenance manager will be a key member of the team responsible for all the operational activities across the estate including planned maintenance, specialist term contracts, statutory compliance, reactive maintenance and preparations for functions, and to have responsibility for service delivery, project and programme management and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
* Be responsible for the conservation, repair and maintenance of the building services in specified areas of the estate as well as the provision, operation and supervision of day-to-day M&E maintenance work and projects from the annual works programme.
* Ensure that the building services and structures that house them within specified areas of the estate are regularly tested and inspected and that work is programmed, planned and scheduled accordingly.
* Be responsible for the end-to-end management of a range of works, varying in scope and scale.
* Liaise closely with Property Section colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated with other works so as to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards.
* Working in close liaison with the Maintenance Supervisor, to oversee works and drive the performance of contractors and the in-house team to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards.
* Ensure compliance with statutory duties and legislative requirements and that associated policies and procedures (internal and external) are known and adhered to.
* Ensure that the plant, equipment and services are regularly inspected and that maintenance is properly planned.
* Ensure all financial, tender and contract management processes comply with internal procedures, and that financial authorisations fall within delegations.
* Monitor the performance of contractors to ensure works are completed within budget, on time, to the required standard and provide best value.
* Liaise closely with customers to ensure the service provided meets their needs and expectations and that the highest levels of customer service are delivered.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
* Fully electrically or mechanically qualified to a recognised standard, ie degree, HNC, HND or C&G.
* Experience of managing and maintaining historic / listed buildings would be a definite advantage but is not essential.
* Demonstrable experience in relation to statutory compliance and risk management.
* Adept at managing stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and influence at all levels.
* Experience of cost control and contract management, ideally gained within a value for money environment.
* Good project management skills.
* Able to manage a varied portfolio of work, adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources.
* Have good people management and contractor relationship management skills.
* The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where flexibility and a 'can do' approach to teamwork is essential.
* Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of property services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement.
* IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office and CAD.
* Ideally experience working with a Building Management System.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.