|Job Ref:||JHGLOUC1010||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gloucester||Address:||Post Code:||GL1||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 50,000 per year, package||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:29|
I have an exciting opportunity to join a top tier one contractor working on civil engineering projects in and around Gloucester, they can pay up to £50,000 plus generous benefits.|
Their is a Senior Commercial team there for the successful candidate to report into, they are working on power, energy and waste projects but need a project based Quantity Surveyor who can cover the Civil Engineering aspects of these projects.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
* In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
* With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
* Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
* Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
* Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
* The ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects
* Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
* Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer sub contracts
* The ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement
* The understanding of the requirements to provide and obtain Insurance, Bonds and Warranties
* Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office
* Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Enthusiasm and results focus, together with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Effective negotiation skills - both with internal and external customers
* Salary up to £50,000
* Company car or car allowance
* Company pension scheme
* Private healthcare
* Support through Chartership if you wish to become MRICS
* Holiday allowance increases over time
* Flexible company benefits
* Discretionary bonus
There will be a 2 stage interview process so you will have ample opportunity to get to know about the company and the people you'll be working with.
If you're interested then please apply!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills "quantity surveyor" or "qs" or "construction" or "civil engineering"