|Job Ref:||LOPR/QS/K1||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dartford||Address:||Post Code:||DA1||Salary:||£ 320 - £ 380 per day, long term contract||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:29|
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to be based in the North Kent area, working with a major contractor. This contractor deal with all aspects of civil engineering - highways, bridges, infrastructure, environmental, frameworks and special works. Therefore, we are looking for Quantity Surveyors who have a mixed civils background.|
You will be responsible for:
* Procuring sub-contractors, agreeing prices and letting the packages
* Negotiating costs with various parties
* Drawing up contracts (NEC)
* Monthly reporting (CVR)
* Responsible for work package change control and management
* Dealing with any pricing variations
* Responsible for project re-measures
* Preparing final accounts
* Degree / HND in Quantity Surveying
* Excellent IT and maths skills are essential
* Attention to detail
* Excellent report writing and negotiation skills are essential
* Experience in - highways, bridges, infrastructure, environmental, frameworks and special works
£320 - 380 per day (depending upon experience)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.