|Job Ref:||JHCIVILQS1010||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ringwood||Address:||Post Code:||BH24||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 55,000 per year, benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:29|
I have an exciting opportunity to join a growing Civil Engineering business in Hampshire, the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be paid up to £55,000 plus a benefits package including a car allowance or company car.|
My client works on a range of Civil Engineering projects up to the value of £10million. You will work closely with a Project Manager to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and safely.
* Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
* Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
* Perform risk, value management and cost control
* Advise on a procurement strategy
* Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
* Allocate work to subcontractors
* Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
* Value completed work and arrange payments
* Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use - mainly NEC for of contract
* Ideally a degree or qualification in Quantity Surveying
* Experience working on similar projects
* Strong numeracy and financial management skills
* The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
* Negotiation and team work skills
* Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters
* Salary up to £55,000
* Car or car allowance
* Company pension scheme
* Company benefits package
* Privately owned business
* Growing in the South - good prospects
There will be a 2 stage interview so you can meet the Commercial Manager and if successful through the first stage then the MD as well - you will have ample time to get the know the company and I will prepare you as well.
If you are interested in this role and you believe you have the required experience the please apply!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills "quantity surveyor" or "qs" or "construction" or "civil engineering"