|Job Ref:||JHQS1010||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fareham||Address:||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 50,000 per year, benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:29|
I am recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join my clients growing team. The salary on offer is up to £50,000 plus benefits and you will be responsible for commercial, contract and financial administration of pre-construction activities and projects as assigned.|
* Delivery: Ensure that projects are delivered safely, on time and in a manner than enhances company reputation for quality. Works closely with management and team to ensure commercial services both support and meet the project plan/ delivery objectives.
* Relationships: Frequent contract internally and externally, much of which requires influencing and negotiating skills to be used. Establishes and maintains relationships with colleagues, customers and consultants. Proactively seeks and gives feedback, guidance and support where appropriate. Identifies with customers and their needs. Challenges & questions.
* Technical & Commercial: Good working knowledge of all technical aspects of the role. Systematic and analytical in approach. Provide technical input at any stage of a project life cycle. Seeks guidance from specialist or support services, eg CST where required.
* Procedural: Has a thorough working knowledge of operating systems and company policy and procedures. Particular emphasis on mandatory requirements applicable to role. Proactively raises / resolves non compliance issues through self-audit.
* Reporting: Prepares and communicates information timely, accurately with logic and clarity.
* Experience working for a main contractor in a Quantity Surveyor role
* Ideally degree educated in Quantity Surveying or similar
* Well versed in JCT Form of Contract
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
* Salary up to £50,000
* Car or car allowance
* Company pension scheme
* Family owned business
* Room for progression
* Parking at the office
* Easily commutable - not far from motorway
There will be a chance to meet the MD and another Director at interviews so you will have ample time to get to know the company = if you're interested then please apply!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills "quantity surveyor" or "qs" or "construction" or "build" or "surveyor" or "sqs" or "commercial" or "retail" or "shopfitting" or "contracting"