|Job Ref:||LOPR/PLO/1||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Salary:||£ 11 - £ 12.50 per hour, long term contract||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:29|
Public Liaison Officer required in East Kent. This role is a full time, fixed term contract for one year.|
Purpose of this role:
* To be the accessible face for the client, making sure that interested parties know where to come for quick, friendly, reliable and accurate information about works that are taking place.
* be aware of any concerns etc about the current works and communicate them correctly to the relevant people
* Liaising with members of the communications team regarding business plans
* To be available in person or by phone / email to members of the public with questions about current works
* Liaising with key stakeholders and the construction team to proactively manage relations with local residents and businesses
* To run site tours for members of the public, schools and press.
* To maintain a database of all contacts made with the public by the PLO and other team members throughout construction. This will involve proactively gathering information on public contact from other team members.
* As a member of the communications team, to assist in the production of PR material, such as newsletters, information boards, posters, e-update, and press releases.
* To manage responses from the project team to any queries received by email, through the email account, replying by phone or with holding email response within 24 hours, with a full written response sent within 10 days, if it is required.
* To liaise with other key members of the project team promptly in order to answer any questions that are outside the knowledge or remit of the PLO.
* To maintain, within an appropriate database, a complaints log, in line with data protection requirements. To ensure that a holding response is sent within 24 hours wherever possible, and a full response is within 10 working days when it is required.
* To attend weekly and monthly progress meetings
* To update the team on key public engagement activities and issues, in particular to alert relevant colleagues to any urgent issue as swiftly as possible.
You will also be assisting with day to day administration within the office, when the liaison role is less busy.
This is a full time, permanent position. Please apply by sending your CV.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.