|Job Ref:||LOPR/EST/IW/1||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ipswich||Address:||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 55,000 per year, competitive benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:29|
Are you an experienced Estimator? Do you have recent experience working on heavy civils projects? Are you looking for a new role with an exciting civil engineering contractor?|
If the answer is yes, this this is the perfect opportunity with an well known civils contractor, who hold an excellent reputation in the local region.
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to be based in the mid Kent area, working with a reputable civil engineering contractor. This contractor deal with all aspects of civil engineering - highways, bridges, infrastructure, environmental, frameworks and special works. Therefore, we are looking for someone who has a mixed civil engineering background.
* Managing and targeting cost estimates
* Dealing with tenders, through until tenders have been approved
* Presenting to clients when required
* Producing programmes alongside planning department as and when required
* Delivering programmes and monitor forthcoming works
* Reviewing tender estimates
* Preparing analytical tenders from bills of quantities, drawings and specifications for traditional, two stage and design and build projects for large tender offers for projects up to £20m
* Develop customer relationships and partnerships with our suppliers
* Attend handover meetings
* Working closely alongside other senior management
* An excellent understanding of all aspects of civils projects
* Experience working with a civil engineering contractor
* Excellent problem solver
* Extensive experience in estimating
* Ability to manage schemes of up to £20m in value
* Good understanding of computerised estimating systems
* Excellent Excel skills
* £50k plus attractive benefits package, including car / car allowance, pension scheme
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.