|Job Ref:||16000OF0||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:34|
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.|
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS LINE OR DEPARTMENT
Societe Generale Prime Services provide clients with innovative and flexible solutions in terms of execution, Prime Brokerage, clearing, and Cross-Asset Secured Financing and a global 24/6 follow-the-sun service
• Unrivalled market access to 125+ markets and execution venues
• A deep and stable global equity inventory from both internal and external sources
• Portfolio cross-margin capabilities based on a proprietary Monte-Carlo Value-At-Risk model
• Innovative financing solutions across the complete range of Securities Finance & Delta One structures: Swaps; Stock Loan; Repo and Futures, Synthetic Financing
• Providing both cash equities and synthetic solutions
• Synthetic exposure to Emerging & Developed Markets
• Award winning Capital Introduction team serving investors and hedge funds globally providing a consultative, go-to resource for industry information,
• Award-winning cross-asset research with strong expertise across regions, assets and themes
• Define and own the IS Strategy for PRM post-trade. This provides the interim & strategic application target states for the PRM information systems, outlining how to implement new business capabilities whilst simplifying the information systems, decommissioning legacy technology, and remaining compliant to regulatory requirements.
• Ensure alignment of IT development roadmaps towards PRM IS Strategy.
• Own and contribute to significant PRM Post Trade Architecture Studies
The role and specific duties would evolve with experience, but overall the scope of responsibilities will involve the following:
• Define and accompany the post-trade IS transformation strategy for the Prime Services business.
• Provide support to development team on applicative architecture matters.
• Control compliance with overall strategy and the IS architecture standards.
• Conduct architecture reviews for projects with significant PRM post-trade IS transformation stakes.
• Conduct strategic studies, in conjunction with business sponsor and IT teams.
• Work with project teams on key projects to set up application architecture (functional architecture, application, services, data exchange, ...)
• Oversee key strategic IS transformation programs in various sub-business lines to ensure architecture alignment to PRM IS transformation strategy and benefit delivery
• Oversee IS decommissioning roadmap for PRM Post Trade
• Identify and propose improvements to software architecture that could lead to a project.
• Identify and propose innovation opportunities, where open innovation or fintechs could bring value.
COMPETENCIES AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Experience in Investment Banking
• Experience within a Prime Services context & strong understanding of Prime Services.
• Enterprise architecture experience. This will most likely have been in a formal architecture role, but due to the way which some large firms organise themselves, you may have been operating in this manner in a different capacity, which you'd need to be able to demonstrate, e.g. COO.
• Credible in front of the Business
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong organisational skills
• Hard working
• Willingness to learn
• Flexible and adaptable
• Ability to work with limited direct guidance
• Risk sensitive, dedicated, committed to reach target and delivery dates
• Good team player
• Pragmatic approach and 'can do' attitude
• An understanding of Trade and Transaction reporting regulations/processes
• Technical architecture experience
Anticipated that the candidate would have been educated to degree level (2.1 or better).
However, experience, proven skills and delivery, and industry expertise are regarded as equally important factors.
French would be a significant advantage.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.