|Job Ref:||00016140||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 01:01|
If you live and breathe algorithms in your daily work, differentiate dynamic programming approach from divide and conquer approach, and if graphs and artificial intelligence excite you, please read on. |
We are currently looking for a savvy algorithm engineer to fill an exciting role with Occidental Petroleum (OXY). As an Algorithm Engineer at OXY, you will be part of a small team of mathematicians, statisticians, and data analysts that apply advanced algorithmic techniques, computational intelligence, artificial intelligence, optimization algorithms, etc to varieties of problems including supply-chain problems, oil production, drilling and completion, text-mining among others.
• Apply advanced algorithmic techniques, artificial intelligence, and computational intelligence methods to build, maintain, and improve on decision systems/processes.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information and formulate the right questions and problems.
• Identify what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes.
• Demonstrate the scientific qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness.
• Present and depict the rationale of findings in easy to understand terms for the business. Present back results that contradict common belief, if needed.
• Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of deployed decision systems and statistical models. *LI-YN1
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• Graduate degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or Physics.
• 5 years of industrial/academic experience with applying algorithmic techniques, computational intelligence, artificial intelligence, and optimization techniques to large and complex problems. No prior experience in oil and gas industry is required.
• Highly experienced and educated in data structures and principles of algorithm designs and analyses, linear algebra, probability and statistics, and mathematical optimization.
• Highly experienced with R or Python for analysis of data.
• Minimum three published peer-reviewed articles in prestigious related conference proceedings/journals.
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Graduate research on Theoretical CS, ML, Artificial Intelligence, Signal/Image/Voice/Language Processing, and Optimization is a big plus.
• Familiarity with numerical analysis is a plus.
• PhD preferred.
• Effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task many activities at the same time
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status