|Job Ref:||28804BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Ohio||City:||Cincinnati||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 01:01|
This is a contract opportunity with potential for long term growth commensurate with job performance. |
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for network planning, configuration and implementation for Smart Grid utility clients. This includes creating configuration templates, test plans, implementation and preliminary support of IP Private Networks.
* Interact with clients (sometimes non-technical clients) to complete current and future communication needs
* Experience with Data Center (6500 and Nexus switch) environments, LAN/WAN technologies and ASA Firewall support
* Strong hands-on implementation skills, to include problem identification, troubleshooting and configuration management.
* Responsible for adhering to processes and procedures and using accepted design tools
* Capable of optimizing day-to-day operational stability with the continual need to imporve the service and deploy new services, processes and technologies.
* Understand, advocate and support IT strategies
* Mentor others on the Telecommunications team
Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
* CCNA or other industry recognized certifications
* 8 years experience in the IT industry
* Indepth knowledge of LAN/WAN network topologies and deployment methodology
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills toward both technical and non-technical audiences
* Experience providing detailed data network design drawings using industry standard representations
* Able to install and troubleshoot network routers and switches
* CCNP or other industry recognized certifications
* Experience configuring or supporting EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS routing protocols
* Experience providing engineering support for large-scale complex data networks
* Experience in the configuration and support of QoS, VPN components, Security appliances including firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Access Controls
* Specific knowledge of IPSEC, GET VPN, GRE and DMVPN
* Cisco Router/Switch configuration
* BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or extensive technical hands-on field experience
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females