|Job Ref:||28814BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 01:01|
Responsible for providing intermediate level management reporting and analysis. Responsibilities may include consolidation and review of combined results and plans with a general understanding of variances. May be responsible for development and maintenance of financial tools and models. Works under minimal supervision to independently complete assigned tasks. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares and assists with the interpretation of internal financial data. Provides moderately complex analysis and recommendations primarily to internal clients. May include identifying areas of concern.
• Prepares financial reports. Identifies, researches and explains variances to plan. Identifies reporting issues/deficiencies and develop alternative solutions.
• Assists with preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including the maintaining of planning tools and models. Assists with the preparation of the budget/forecast presentation and other documentation as directed.
Financial Tool & Model Development:
• Develops financial tools and models used for budgeting, forecasting, trend analysis & strategic planning.
• Has advanced level of enterprise-wide business systems knowledge to obtain and analyze data.
• Advise and implement system modifications for business structure changes.
Supervisory & Resource Management:
• Demonstrates strong technical knowledge. May assists with review of policies and procedures. May assist with knowledge transfer and training for staff, as assigned. Informs supervisors of conflicting priorities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement. Primary Internal Clients:
• Primary internal clients are contract claims directors and internal legal counsel.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience. Typically 4+ years related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Experience analyzing and pricing contractual changes.
• Experience working with legal or claims professionals to provide concise meaningful information.
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Microsoft Office Suite; Excel Advanced
• Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Intermediate
• Knowledge of percent complete accounting
• Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Statements
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Customer Focus
• Written Communications
• Action Oriented
• Peer Relationships
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Business Acumen
• Decision Quality
• Problem Solving
• Presentation Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females