Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company (SABCO) has worked as the management services contractor (MSC) directly with our client, the Saudi Arabian Royal Commission for the last 30 years. We are the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction managers, managing design submissions from local A/E firms, contract and procurement management, and overseeing all construction works being performed by local contractors and sub-contractors in Jubail Industrial City. |
Projects we are actively involved with in Jubail include: new residential communities, petrochemical industrial zone site preparation, various commercial buildings and structures, mosques, schools, hospitals, sports facilities, clinics, a new 30,000 student university, utility services and infrastructure (electrical sub-stations, lift stations), roads and highways, port & pipeline expansions, and more.
Qualifications / Experience :
- BS Degree in Civil/Marine/Hydraulic Engineering
- Professional Engineer registration is required
- Demonstrable general civil/marine/coastal engineering experience with experience in port developments, bulk material terminals, quay and berths and coastal and hydraulic engineering works
- Should have proved experience in marine structures and sea defenses, offshore piling, moorings for shipping, related marine and land based soil investigations, conducting surveys and feasibility studies.
- Very good communication skill both written and oral are essential.
- Knowledge of computer software applications such as Finite Element Analysis Package, Vessel Mooring Analysis, etc. is desirable.
Detailed Job Description:
- Participate in and provides input to the front end engineering and design process.
- Design and review port developments, bulk material terminals, quay and berths, marine structures and sea defenses, offshore piling, mooring, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes.
- Design and reviewing coastal and rivers erosion and flooding solutions, including full calculations.
- Undertake various tasks including contributing to the production of surveys, reports, studies and construction schemes within the field of port extensions and coastal engineering.
- Participate in and provide input to the bidding and operation process.
- Prepare detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Schedule and lead meetings as necessary to keep track of progress on projects.
- Review contractor technical submittals, quality control program, start-up plans and schedules.
- Coordinate with chief discipline engineers/port/government agencies.
- Coordinate with Contract Supervisors to assure that required technical submittals are obtained from contractor.
- Supervise quantity take-off as required to monitor and control work, monitor contractor inspection program and ensure testing is performed.
- Playing a leading role within the Team and Consultants.
- Managing own time.
- Other related duties as instructed by Management.
- Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client or construction site locations is expected.
Bechtel employees in Jubail receive free furnished housing and basic utilities, work transport, free health care (on site in Saudi Arabia), eligible participation in Bechtel group/private health care plan options, retirement benefit plan participation, life insurance options for you and qualified dependents, a base of 24 days of paid leave, 11 paid holidays, airfare coverage plus additional paid time off for R&Rs and Home Leave, and local private schooling tuition coverage for up to two school-aged dependent children.
For more information and to view a video on Jubail, please copy & paste the following address into a new browser window so as not to navigate away from this page: