|Job Ref:||204320390||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Edmonton||Address:||Post Code:||PL27||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 02:09|
We are recruiting for an exciting vacancy that has arisen to join one of our clients as an Engineering Manager covering a number of depots across North London including Edmonton and Wood Green. Working together with the senior management team, you will be responsible for resolving the practical and engineering issues facing the London fleet.|
The key duties of this position will be:
- To provide support to engineering staff to ensure their skills and competence levels continually improve and to identify training needs.
- Ensure that all staff within the workshop fully understand and comply with company and statutory requirements in terms of Health & Safety procedures.
- To ensure that the depot vehicle requirement is achieved on a daily basis and to ensure that all vehicles supplied for service are cleaned and maintained to a high standard that exceeds the statutory requirements set out by VOSA.
- Responsibility for staffing levels, recruitment, training, management, communication and pay of all engineering staff, adhering to Company policies, procedures and formal union agreements. This includes absence and performance management.
- To build and deliver the engineering budget for your area of the business and ensure that targets are met.
- Reduce waste and improve efficiency wherever possible.
- Effective and efficient administration as record keeping and processing paperwork is an essential part of this role.
The successful applicant will have experience in multi-site management and supply evidence of excellent communication skills, a detailed knowledge of technical engineering, engineering procedures and health and safety legislation.
If you have the skills and experience to meet this exciting challenge then please send your details or contact us for an informal discussion.
If you have not received any correspondence within 14 days of your application for this vacancy you have not been successful on this occasion. However we will keep your details on file for future vacancies. If you do not wish for us to do this please state in your original application.
Eden Lea is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Policy is available upon request