|Job Ref:||204534244||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brierley Hill||Address:||Post Code:||DY5||Salary:||£28000/annum Plus Van + Overtime||Post Date:||11/10/2016 02:10|
We are the leading supplier of structural steel connectors and manufacturing systems to the timber engineering industry.|
We are currently looking to recruit a service engineer to supplement our existing team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Candidates will be responsible for supporting our customers with their servicing needs and spare parts requirements. The position will involve installations of new equipment, service and breakdown work and associated administration. This will require travel throughout the UK and sometimes into Europe
They will also be involved in the development of new machines and improvements when needed.
Qualifications and experience
Reading electrical drawings is essential
Experience of maintenance on machinery
Hydraulic and pneumatic experience
Fault finding electrical and mechanical problems
Counter balance truck licence
Clean driving licence
Working within a service team, the role will involve:
• Carrying out planned installations/service work in a timely and safe manner.
• Being able to react quickly to customer requests and travel to site to attend breakdowns when needed
• Create Job sheets and other paperwork required to order parts that have been used and send out parts
• Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve the machines reliability and performance
• Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties.
• Provide reports where necessary
• Use remote access to replace and update software
• Able to drive a van to get to site